Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Registered

Not that it matters, since my vote will be cancelled out by thousands of fraudulent votes.

(Which, by the way, what is UP with that? If it had been McCain, it would have been the biggest story of the century, but since it's Obama it's no big deal?)

But at least now I can vote against Obama and no one can blame it on me.

If you can't tell, I am quite cynical about this whole process this year. Glen Beck said something about how both of the candidates are taking us to the same place, just one is taking us on a steam train and the other one on a jet. Urgh.

Anyway, here is a pretty picture of the Elko County Courthouse, where I went to register to vote on the last possible day.
And my cute kids on the steps of the courthouse. Just so they know that I did my part to make my little teeny tiny voice heard. Will they get the same opportunity?

Yeah - enough of that. Here is Josie and her cute friend Tara - who are both missing the same tooth.

7 comments:

de Arrieta said...

Way to go Missy! You are registered voter now. Let's just hope that whom ever gets in can really change some things. We need it that is for sure!

Shari D. Kurtz said...

Good for you Kari! I think its improtant to vote, especially for us if you think of what the sufferagetts went through to allow us our right to vote.
Fun pictures. I love how opposite Josie and Tara are...blond and brunette, blue and brown. But their teeth match. Very cute.

Shari

Suz said...

Proud of ya! Those two little girls at the end are adorable, especially when the blond one isn't crying! :)

Kristin said...

I registered to vote this week too. But I don't know who to vote for. I hope that just once in my lifetime, there will be a candidate that I am excited to vote for instead of just asking who seems less corrupt. And if I vote outside of the two main parties, am i just wasting my vote? Anyway, cute pictures.

goat said...

votes are never wasted and your voice isn't tiny. i can't say i agree with you choice but i respect that it is your choice and that you stated right out there for everyone to see. be proud kari, i'm proud of you

Anonymous said...

I feel like I will just be voting for the less of two evils. Where are the honest, upright politicians that existed when our country was established?

Love your pictures.

The Nisbets said...

Nice job, lady!