Monday, September 8, 2008

Jumping



I will be jumping back and forth for a few days - I want to post something for everyday, but I am not going to get the whole weekend done, and I want to keep up with the now. So tommorrow I will post about Thursday, and so on - try to keep up :)




Anyways, it wasn't really cold enough today for soup, but I am ready for it to cool off, so I'm pushing it.



You like my little cracker fan in the bottom corner? Ya, I'm trying for a gig with Kraft foods or something - hehe :)


This soup is really easy and my kids love it, so I will have to remember to make it more this winter. Here's the recipe if you want to try it. I am not much for measurements (sorry Suzanne!) but it doesn't matter much with this recipe.


Chop up a bunch of carrots (I used about a cup and a half), two or three stalks of celery, and an onion. Brown about a pound of chicken in a little bit of oil and chunk that up. Add the vegetables and soften them in a bit more oil for a few minutes. Add about seven or eight cups of water and bring it to a boil. Once it boils, turn it down to simmer for about twenty minutes or until the veggies are nice and soup-textured. Bring it back to a boil and add three packages of Ramen noodles and broth packets. Boil for two minutes to soften the noodles, cool it down and serve it. You can add more water if there is not enough. My kids like to put ice cubes in it to cool it down. (I know- weird, but it works for them.) Club crackers are super yummy with the broth.

Here we are - now you know how fancy I get about dinner. Soup right out of the pot and the milk jug and crackers in their original package. Classy. Plus - I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but Alyssa is wearing her swimming suit. Nice.

Anyway - yay for kicking off soup season!



3 comments:

Margaret said...

I agree with soup! It's that time of year when it just needs to cool down so that you can enjoy the soup without putting ice cubes in it. Looks like an easy recipe and I'm going to try it.

Lynnette said...

Yum! I'm gonna try this recipe this week. I love the photo around the table - that's totally how I serve dinner!

Welsch Family said...

That sounds delicious and easy. I'll have to try that one. Nick and I love all your pics. Nice photography! -Alyssa