Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Carpooling

It is my week to drive the carpool, which is not as simple as it sounds. Last year our wonderful school district opened a new school to ease the overcrowding of the four elementary schools in our area. What that means in my situation is that I now have kids in three different schools. Four, if you count that my oldest son goes to the high school for geometry first hour.

So there is much driving to do!

Our morning schedule goes something like this:
6:00 Cody gets up to get ready for school
6:45 (ideally) family prayer
6:50 Cody leaves for school
7:50 Kimberly leaves for school
8:10 Justin & Josie leave for school

Then the afternoon looks like this:
2:40 Go to pick up Kimberly (she gets out at 3:00, but I have to get a decent parking spot so I can find her)
3:05 Justin & Josie get out of school (luckily they can walk home!)
3:15 Pick up Cody across town at Adobe

I am lucky enough to have friends close around here that have kids the same age as mine, so we can carpool for most of the trips. Even at that, I am spending a lot more time in the car these days.

And sports start next week, so that will just be so much more running around!



4 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

Ha Ha - I love the picture of the kids running across the street, that is fun!

Margaret said...

Sounds like fun (as I'm rolling my eyes).

Suz said...

Why does Cody go to school at 6:50 when school doesn't start until 7:30? Just wondering?

karibates said...

:P Some people think I run late, so I try to get him out early!