Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alice the Fairy Cooks Dinner

I just could not resist this shot - the outfit, the do, the tippytoes. As much as she drives me crazy (and she DOES) sometimes I could just eat her up.
And this one cracks me up too, because it is just so typical of them right now. Look at my OCD son - he wants the fries lined up around the edge of the pan. He does not care if only ten fries get cooked, as long as they are arranged JUST so. And Alyssa (as usual) is oblivious to his careful planning, and she is "MESSING IT UP MOM!" And he is so irritated and she is oblivious to that as well. Plus, he's mad because the frozen french fries feel yucky and he does not want to touch them anymore than necessary. Sometimes things work out ok. He got to outline the pan - notice that he is now wearing oven mitts so that he doesn't have to actually feel the yuckiness. And now he is ok to let her fill in the rest. And she is just doing her thing - still oblivious. Which is good, because if she had realized how much she was irritating him she would have found a way to make it ten times worse.
I really love being the mom. Well, sometimes not, but I talk about those times much more than I talk about how much I really love it. Watching their little personalities emerge, watching them learn and grow and solve problems... it's amazing! And when I forget myself and focus on them, I realize how truly truly blessed I am.

Oh - I almost forgot. The title - Alice the Fairy by David Shannon (who also wrote the No, David books) peek at it here. It is just SO Alyssa.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How adorable! I just love your kids...and the super cute aprons:)

Kristin said...

That is so sweet. I love your pictures and how they capture their personalities so well. Beautiful! We miss you guys.

Margaret said...

So cute.

The Nisbets said...

Way to capture such a great moment! Kudos! :)